One of my all time favourite books is ‘To all the boy’s i’ve loved before’ by Jenny Han and the second book in the series ‘P.s I love you’ and in those books the main character Lara Jean Covey bakes ALOT. And just the other day i was scrolling through tumblr and saw a post about these books and it SOMEHOW made me want to bake cookies. And i thought since it is the holiday sesaon it would be fit to make a post on my all time favourite cookies so here it is, i hope you enjoy them! (p.s they are not even close to healthy cookies)
This is the recipe that my Aunty uses all the time and i LOVE these cookies so that’s the recipe i’ll be using today.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves : 40 cookies (estimate depending on how big you make them)
- 2 cups of margarine
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs vanilla essence
- 6 cups of plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sodium bi-carb
- 4 cups of choc-chips
- Cream margarine, brown sugar and white sugar together thoroughly.
- Add vanilla essence and the eggs to the mixture and beat well.
- Mix in salt, sodium bi-carb and flour gently into the liquid mixture.
- Add choc-chips and mix in gently.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on to the baking tray and space them out evenly.
- Bake them in the oven at 150* for 15-17 minutes.
- Take them out when they look fully cooked and leave them out to cool.
- Enjoy them with a glass of milk or tea!
I hope you enjoy the cookies, be sure to let me know if you try them!